The Newcomer's Welcome: What brings you to Village?

welcome
newcomer

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 10 new members this week:
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @metta @Jerilopez4 @Abstract @Rwelch @Stephanie_Miron @csrprof @EmmaDiamond @JoshuaFeenay @Norma_Reifer @Becky2019

1. Say ‘hi!’ on this thread & tell us how the Community can best support you.
  2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Also, please join us tonight for our weekly online group meetup!

Tonight we tackle:
How to have conversations that work!

Learn how to use communication to stay connected and open opportunities for healthy change RSVP HERE .

You’ll learn how find yourself more able to be heard and more able to drive positive change.

If you’re ready to learn the whole 9-topic series, now’s the perfect time to as we’re just getting started from the beginning again RSVP: HERE to access the December 20% discount on the 9-pack
Talk tonight!
Jane

Hey there everyone …yes am a newbie so as I guess you all know it’s very difficult to find a starting point. I’m pretty sure I know my answer but am feeling like there is no end to this 10 year cyclical journey I am on and am jumping off. Have had enough. I guess I am looking to see if anyone else had held on and appeared out the other side of addiction and it has been a success story. X

So glad you’ve joined us @EmmaDiamond I can say I know a few members here who’ve been on this rollercoaster for around 10 years and have made major strides for with their loved one’s through learning evidence-based skills with us! I hope you’ll stay and share in this community and if you want to learn some skills that are proven to help I hope you’ll consider joining our meetup Wednesday night: HERE :heart:

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 10 new members this week:
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @Amela @Ccamacho24 @Annabelle_Hart @Sharon_Tilley @cbucher1 @HeatherBeHereNow

2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Also, please join us tonight for our weekly online group meetup!

Tonight we tackle:
How to Help Someone Make Sobriety a Habit

Learn how to use Positive Reinforcement to make sobriety a habit for your loved one. RSVP HERE .

Learn one of the core behavioral change skills that will help you and those supporting your loved one, shape their behavior to see more positive habits forming.

Also, we’ll demystify the concept of enabling so you’re clear on what kinds of actions are helping your loved one.

If you’re ready to learn the whole 9-topic series, now’s the perfect time to as we’re just getting started from the beginning again RSVP: HERE to access the December 20% discount on the 9-pack
Talk tonight!
Jane

Hello! I’m sorry it has taken me this long to say hi. I haven’t been in a very good place mentally. My boyfriend went to rehab 2 weeks ago and I never hear from him. I’m just stuck in this limbo of “do I still have a boyfriend?”

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 27 new members:
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @cynthiawhite @Princess_Tinkerbelle @Honorableteacup @s.kruz @Olive @Mondaine_Chavez @Cpetersen @Honorc12 @Sans @Ali @lais15 @Machorek @BostonMom @KKNPA @AJSunflower @br31 @Teresa @banson @Sparsley @Gracence @Victbury1 @Joanna301 @Missmacc377 @Mary0906 @Rainbow @Manuela_Cooley @mdem629

Few announcements:

• If you’re concerned about a loved one’s use of heroin, pain pills, or other opioids please check if you’re eligible for our 12-week support program at no cost to you HERE.

• Also, please consider joining our weekly online group meetup back in full force next week! You can see more details on that HERE.

• And if you’re ready to dive in you can get the full Village Curriculum which is 9 weekly topic meetups at a 20% discount HERE.

I joined about two months ago. I had been married to a addict for 10 years. He is a “functioning addict”. Meaning he always carried a job, was a good dad, and used “recreationally.” This was never without consequences to our relationship though and I lost myself in the process. As a result of his addictions he lost me. After 14 years of co-dependency, dysfunction, toxicity, PTSD from many drug/alcohol fueled situations, I am no longer in love with him. We had many good years, two amazing kids, but on my journey I can no longer be with him. We are no longer together as a traditional married couple, but are Working on being friends and co-parents And eventually moving separately. In many ways, I traded my soul for that relationship ship. My co-dependency got so bad that at one point I began using drugs and drinking excessively as a means to “control” the situation. Many resentments built up over time. During those years through using and joining in on the party scene, I also got involved with now my best friend and soul mate who Is an end stage alcoholic. Apparently, my journey in life is about breaking my co-dependent patterns. I have always been with men who use. This particular person is my soul counter part and love of my life. After several years of complete chaos I found myself with a more severe addict than my husband. He is a severe, end-stage alcoholic. I was getting sicker in my co-dependent ways. So this year, i had had enough. I got therapy, started going to Alanon, started working on self-care and growing spiritually, and joined the Village. My soon to be ex-husband has not changed his ways. Losing me hasn’t changed him. He’s sad about what happened to us, but hasn’t done anything to fix what ruined the relationship. I’m at peace with that, but would still like to see him clean it up for our kids. My best friend/love of my life is currently in rehab fighting for his life. And I’m here working on loving myself, setting boundaries, and recovering as a co-dependent while supporting my best friend through recovery and setting boundaries and creating a new relationship with my soon to be ex. My current S/O and I are very in love with each other and are hoping through recovery and time we will one day be together. My biggest fear is that he will relapse when he gets out. He’s doing great, he wants recovery, but outside of inpatient is a whole different world and I have to care for myself regardless of the outcome. I’m here for support and to bounce ideas off of people in this community. I have learned a lot but I have a ways to grow.

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 6 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @NoonDawg @Mitsky @Jmille21 @Reggie @zarkgray @cwtv

Few announcements:

• If you’re concerned about a loved one’s use of heroin, pain pills, or other opioids please check if you’re eligible for our 12-week support program at no cost to you HERE .

• Also, please consider joining our weekly online group meetup back in full force TONIGHT! You can see more details on that HERE.

• And if you’re ready to dive in you can get the full Village Curriculum which is 9 weekly topic meetups at a 20% discount HERE.

Thanks for sharing Jess it’s great to have you with us. Keep us posted with how things play out and all you learn as we’re on this path of growth :slight_smile:

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 9 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @Pasta @Mchrisos @Queensmash19 @CJM @Anthony_Manzo @yaya123 @JR123 @KD_Costello @Polk32

Few announcements:

• If you’re concerned about a loved one’s use of heroin, pain pills, or other opioids please check if you’re eligible for our 12-week support program at no cost to you HERE .

• Also, please consider joining our weekly online group meetup back in full force TONIGHT! You can see more details on that HERE.

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 8 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @Suzy @Cjudy2 @optimisticbear @Rixy @ashleym @Allydaly5 @Dad @Kippy

Few announcements:

• Also, please consider joining our weekly online group meetup TONIGHT to learn skills and get support! See more details and RSVP HERE.

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 12 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @medicare @Andreaxoxoxox @nina @Danb @Fee @unique @razzerberrykitty @Wynn @susanhansen65 @Brenda_Allen @Cherielg1 @bqgranite

I am Fee. I am a 47 year old, divorced man with a 17 year old kid. I am in love with an alcoholic. We’ve know each other for 15 years and about 3 years ago her marriage ended and we started dating a little over a year ago. One of the things that attracted me to her was the fact that she partied. I love a party and had been a regular recreational drug user - marijuana, cocaine, psychedelics, and alcohol. Alcohol was never my drug of choice. I’ve always preferred psychedelics and later cocaine which I only started using in my 40s. Since starting to date my alcoholic SO, I’ve gone sober and haven’t used in over 10 months. I’ve never really had a “problem” with my drug use except for a 3 month cocaine binge. . . . Anyways I am now fully sober and I absolutely love it. I’ve never felt better in my life. It was seeing someone I love who is clearly addicted that made me rethink my own use. In order to help her, I needed to take better care of myself. I’ve been reading a lot, attending Al-Anon and AA meetings, exercising a lot but my heart is broken. Other than 3 weeks sober after a horrible fight and a short break-up, she hasn’t stopped drinking. Her drinking has decreased from about 6-8 beers a night to 3 beers a night and an occasional binge, about once or twice a month. I am so tired, always walking on egg shells filled with anxiety. As I walk to the door from the car, I say a little prayer and do a breathing exercise to calm down in hopes that I find a semi sober loved one home. I don’t think I can continue even though I love her so. Over the past year, I’ve experienced amazing joy and so much connection that I feel like this relationship is truly worth fighting for. But have also been told to fuck off and been called a fucking asshole during one of her drunken rages, something that never happened to me before. It is just so hard. Thank you for listening.

Thanks for being here and thanks for sharing @Fee I know a lot of members here will be able to relate this and are at various stages - whether in the thick of things or through the tough times on the other side. Sending <3

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 17 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @TT124 @ejane @tlane3 @Justme @teresanelson361 @littlerose98 @Teddy515 @Lolo @Joy_Waddell_Hadley @Lfisher @Brooke_Toomey @Garnet_Druhot-Close @Sally_Annee @Ash.I.11001 @abigailcc @Kimba @Sharonbailey7904

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 11 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @ashrae @hope @Cheyannehr @SnowOwl26 @Jkeeler @CorynElise @Swagger @Tilling56-13 @Amber @Casplan @CaptainTCrunch

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 6 new members :
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to: @aopatrick1 @acarper74 @Broberts8705 @Nicole @HopefulParent @Pickledora

Hi I just need some emotional support from others that are going through this roller coaster ride of drugs and alcohol. I go to bed feeling defeated and wake up feeling defeated!

Hello everyone

I’m here because my fiancee is in rehab for alcoholism. He also has complex ptsd which is why he drinks. We met 2 years ago and fell in love and everything was rosy. Unfortunately he became mentally unwell and started to drink more and more. Before I knew it I was finding hidden bottles and his behaviour was out of control, it was like living with two different people! It started to make me very stressed and the we got to the worst point where I had to ask him to leave . It was rehab to save him, us and our future or he moves out. He went off to rehab a week ago and he’s,determined to get well so he can have a happy life with me. I know this is just the beginning of his journey to wellness but I have faith he can do it. X

Amazing, congrats on your journey so far and thanks for sharing and being here with us @kitty <3