How to get someone struggling with addiction to realize they need help, or do they have to hit bottom?

I am also ready to pack my bags I found another bag I’m so done with this struggle I really don’t know what to do anymore other than what I’ve already been doing so think it might be my time to also make a plan I have seemed support from counselling and nar-anon too aim also so severely co dependant it’s so hard watching him do this to himself and us to our marriage this place os such a fkn mess his hoarding g is really getting to me too I clean and it and the space just gets filled up again and again
I really think it’s time to tell his family no matter what happens to us he really needs help and I truly think feeling his Mom now might be really my only option at this point
Everything is behind I have already cut off our heat and the house insurance has already fallen behind so close to losing everything already
Any recommendations for other supports ?

@Seeking I felt the same way when it came to telling my husband’s family, too. I told his sibling because I just couldn’t carry it alone anymore. I needed support for myself and having one of his family members to talk to about it helped at first.

Have you looked into the Course provided by We The Village? If you are looking to try something new to help your husband, it’s a proven way to improve your relationship and make positive change. :heartpulse:

Totally, agree with this. Your loved one can only make the decision to give up whatever alcohol or substance they are taking. Unfortunately, I was not able to open my loved ones eyes to the help that was available to her. It was my own health decline that forced the parting to happen for us. That’s not easy ,or pretty. Plenty of people saying “why are you staying with him/ her” then scatter when you do do something. There will be that one friend though, who’ll help.
Every situation is different but it’s important not to attempt to do it on your own. Ask for help…
All the best. x

@spfletch thanks for sharing here and agree we shouldn’t and don’t have to do it alone.

Yes I am currently trying something else I truly love him but this is darn difficult my mental health has definitely declined I’m just feeling exactly what another commented and really feeling the weight significantly