Share your Weekly Wins & Worries - 10/9/18

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

You never know who might need to hear what you’ve got to say today.

I let my stress really boil over and put too much pressure on my husband this week. He’s been doing such a great job of supporting me but letting it boil over last night I saw it was just too much. In an instant it activated his paranoia and kept him up all night. The first night I’ve seen him stay up all night…well can’t remember the last time. I know he’ll bounce back but I feel bad for instigating it.

I can rely on him, but I should be more considerate of how I do so.

Thanks for sharing, @polly!

Awesome awareness Polly! It could be helpful to discuss that with him - let him know that you saw how it affected him - etc. The masculine LOVES to be praised and recognized. This could be an opportunity for you to grow closer! <3

Throughout the journey dealing with my son’s opiate addiction and recovery my husband and I never seemed to see eye to eye. Today I’m so relieved because we have been working as a unit and finally (after MANY years) we are agreeing on ways to best support our son! I never thought the day would come!

That’s amazing, @Ginny! Care to share what shifted for you and your husband?

Feeling a little worried this week. Actually, the feeling might be annoyance.

Shared a little on this post about how my dad has been behaving strangely lately, and we can’t tell if it’s relapse or mental illness or his age or something else entirely, and it’s difficult to communicate with him about it (or anything else) right now.

Over this past weekend I shared my thoughts on a certain very popular political testimony. It was kind of a mess. OK it was a big mess. Some of the reactions were downright nasty. And I was shaken. But I also learned a really valuable lesson - Not everyone is going to like me.

And that’s Ok.

The world will not stop turning.

I also learned that intention can be lost in typing. When I had some space from the post and went back and read it - I can see where the intention was mis-interpreted. I owned my part, and someone even commented about my integrity - which felt really good.