Death, now what?

grief
self-care

My son passed away Mar 27. I’m in shock. I feel responsible. We had an argument, he left the house and never returned. I know I shouldn’t be surprised but I am.

Thank you. Just wanted to share.

@Rhondw, I’m so sorry this happened.

“Now what” is simply allowing yourself to feel whatever you feel.

When you’re ready (in a few weeks or months), I highly recommend seeking out a grief coach. I’ve coached clients through losing their partners to overdose, and it’s so important to be able to work through those feelings of guilt.

But of course you don’t need to rush to “do” anything, it’s enough to just be where you are and feel what you feel.

Sending love!!! :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

My heart goes out to you in the loss of your precious son! I lost my 29 yr old daughter to heroin OD last October7,2019
I see a grief counselor, support group. It’s a journey of ebb and flow. Sending so many hugs momma!
Love, Ann

Thank you Ann. I feel your pain. Just tragic any way you look at it. I just want my baby back.

Rhonda

I am so sorry for your loss. This is heartbreaking. It is my worst fear as the mother of a 25-year-old son with a heroin problem.

I know that your son knew how much you loved him, and that love is eternal.

Please be gentle and forgiving with yourself at this time and know you did everything you could to help him.

Thank you, Julie. I’m just taking it day by day. It appears my son took xanax that had fentanyl in it. He was fighting the heroin battle and always thought xanax was the lesser of two evils. I pray your son gets the help he needs. I have regrets. But as parents, we do the best we can.

Rhonda

Each day is a challenge. Some days I can accomplish a few chores or laundry, maybe even dinner. Other days I’m in a daze. I go from the bed to the recliner.

We just received our 8 track tapes that we converted to digital. Now I can’t stop watching videos of Jerad when he was 4, 5 , 10 etc. That is so, so difficult but I can’t seem to stop watching them.

The guilt is the worst thing. I simply can’t recall the last kind thing I said to my son. That makes me so sad.

Oh Rhonda, my son has the same problems, heroin and illegal Xanax.

How are you doing?