Has anyone heard of Kratom? Thoughts on the substance? Useful? Harmful?

treatment

Hello. I was curious if anyone on here has heard of, or knows anything about the natural plant called, Kratom? My boyfriend uses is as a way to deal with chronic physical pain and swears it is helping him through his recovery after a recent relapse to Fentanyl. I watched him have minimal withdrawals in detox due to this drug. But I am concerned it is just a trade off from one thing to another. I am not familiar with Kratom and can not find many of the answers I am looking for online. I’d love to hear from anyone who is familiar with the plant.

Yes, my bf uses it too to help with withdraw symptoms. It gives him a stomach ache and says he feels a pain sometimes I’m his side but swears by it. I only wish it was enough to get him off opiates but it’s only when he’s going though withdraws. Unfortunately, so far it’s only helped him stay clean for up to 4 weeks. He keeps relapsing.

Hello, I am new here but my son has a substance abuse disorder for more than 10 years now. He has used Kratom pretty heavily when he was trying to stay sober. I always felt it was one chemical that was better than opioids but it was expensive, and messy. It did help him but was never enough but it worked for periods of time when he was sober. I always felt it was just another rough link on the opioid roller coaster ride. One day he did take too much and had convulsions. Part of our exhausting life with an adult son and ongoing addiction.