Have you ever gotten rid of your loved one’s stash and what was the reaction?

communication

I’ve asked my husband to get rid of his supply but I’ve never actioned it myself. I think he’d be too mad. Interested in other’s experiences and what has worked.

My situation is a little strange because yes, my son is addicted to alcohol. He is an alcoholic, so he doesn’t know if I’ve gotten rid of it. He thinks he’s drinking it.

As far as drugs go, my son has problems with that, too. Not no more. Maybe sometimes. I’m not quite sure, but he has had a cocaine problem. He has also smoked synthetic weed and done synthetic Coke to get past his probation officer’s when he was in trouble. Synthetic doesn’t come up on drug tests. The worst thing I think he ever did was bath salts which is synthetic.

When I got rid of his coke, he had fits of anger. He bashed in our car, threw paint all over it, cut every single cord to every appliance in the house, acted like he was going to jump off the second story level, beat the truck with a sledgehammer till it was literally looking like it came from a horror movie!

This boy’s life has been so chaotic for 10 years that finally we’re at the stage where he doesn’t do any of that other stuff anymore. He used to drink 2 to 3 pints of whiskey a day. Now he’s down to about three Shooters a week. I would say that life has been amazing but the journey was hard and worth every time I had to get up and find him hurt or lost because now we’re in this position. My prayers are that we can get rid of all alcohol my son has a very highly addictive personality.

Love that you’re celebrating wins @Denise_Alarid - big or small!

I found that it was a losing battle with my hubs. He could ALWAYS get more - more beer, more liquor, more crack pipes. I would encourage you to look at ways you can flip the focus - what is something you can do for YOU -we focus so much on them and their stuff, that we get lost. (((hugs)))