How are you, (yes you!) doing?

self-care

It has been a year!

I know we’re not quite at the end of it, but we’re getting pretty close, and I’ve been reflecting, and wondering how our village is doing?

As you reflect on the year what’s one thing you’d like to:

1. Stop
  2. Start
  3. Continue

Please share your answers!

For me, I’d like to: 1) Stop letting time fly by, by living more in the present and connecting more with others, 2) Start a regular journaling practice, 3) Continue studying and learning and expanding what we offer at We The Village

This year I learned some pretty astounding data points. I thought you might find them interesting too.

Did you know…that those of us loving someone with a substance use disorder also:

• Spend 30% more on our own healthcare needs

• And that a family of four can have up to 4x the cost of healthcare

In comparison to those without an individual in their family with a substance use disorder.

This extra healthcare utilization and cost return to normal over time once our loved one gets their recovery on track.

What do you think about these data points?

I found them quite startling. I mean, it makes sense, because I know how on edge I was for years when my loved one was in the depths of addiction. But it really puts a different emphasis on it when I saw it in numbers.

And again, it made me think of all of you, all of us. And I hope you’re doing OK with loving your person through addiction and recovery and everything else that 2020 has thrown at us, but the numbers tell a different story.

I’m leading our next Group Course cycle which starts this week and I’d love you to join me with whatever motivation feels right for you. Do it for your health and wellbeing, do it for your loved one, or your family. Do it because you get a free 7-day trial and can cancel anytime. It doesn’t bother me!

I just want you to have the skills and support proven to make a clinically effective difference.

To learn techniques that you can take and implement at home to make things better.

I hope you’ll give us a try and I hope you join us today and don’t delay.

Because it’s time to make positive changes :heartpulse:

So tell me, how are you doing?

~ Jane

Hi Jane,
I hope you are doing well. I am extremely frustrated with technology. I don’t seem to have the patience for it. I spend a lot of time on the computer at work and when I have down time I really don’t feel like being on electronics. I am more of a hands on, classroom instruction person. I learn best this way. So digging in my emails for the upcoming courses is frustrating. Especially, if you have ADHD. I really want to do this course but struggling to stay focused. My son is the addict in my life. He is a functional addict however from unchanged behaviors he suffers. It is frustrating to me to watch so I end up distancing myself from him. I know he gets frustrated with me as I try to stay positive with him and then one things triggers my gut and I fly off the handle with anger and I don’t mean to do it but it happens and then I feel bad about it. I am starting to numb out about it again. Its not good for my soul and others as I am miserable. I am hoping for the coach to call me soon so that maybe she can guide me into the right direction. Thank you for checking in with me and have a blessed day.