How can a person overdose multiple times?

overdose

I woke up this morning and didn’t know where my fiancé was, the last text I got from him was at 3 am and it made no sense. I texted and called him all day with no response. I didn’t know what to do I was so alone and convinced myself he was dead. Around 5 pm I get a call from the hospital and was told he overdosed. This is the 5th time he has overdosed in the last 6 months. How could he possibly keep doing this to himself?How can he do this to me? It’s traumatizing.

Hello Mllzzle, Sorry to hear this. What you mentioned above on that I doubt the he is suffering from illness of Addiction. In this case it’s not in any one’s hand, that’s why we called it as a disease. You should also need to understand that he is not doing anything to hurt you, It’s his disease in that specifically it 's part craving that he couldn’t control. Controlling is the main issue in this disease. It’s not in his hand. Better you guys should take help, so you can educate yourself about the disease and he can take a treatment. It will help both of you.
Take Care…

Hi @Mlizzie, it’s been a while since you shared this. I’m sorry you’ve had to go through this situation multiple times. It’s exhausting. I used to wake up to an empty bed a lot, but never got that dreaded hospital call. That’s a lot for you to handle. I hope things turned out okay… how are doing today? Sending love. :hearts: