How do your grieve your "old normal?"

mental-health

My loved one has taken action on recovering their addiction, and it’s changed how we live. How do you grieve your “old normal?” Even with all the craziness that comes along with addiction, it’s what I know. (Or knew, I guess.) Now, I have to figure out a “new normal.” How do you reconcile the past, and move into your new normal?

May be too simplistic :wink: but embracing the new relationship you have together is what I focus on.
I’ve found more honesty and vulnerability in working through this journey together. <3

I think this topic is really important to address— a huge reason I think why a lot of people prolong their suffering, especially when it comes to addiction and family relations, is because they have fallen into a familiar routine. Change is scary and unexpected, and can sometimes cause the same amount of anxiety as the original stressful situation. But the most important thing to remember is that the strange feeling of making a healthy change will lose its “newness” over time, and what you’ll be left with is healthier lifestyle.