How to stay optimistic?

recovery

It’s not always easy but there are evidence based reasons to be and it can help in the long run!

What do you think of these reasons for optimism?

And have you any advice for us on how you’ve managed to stay optimistic despite facing the chaos of addiction in a loved one? Or perhaps you might share a time you’ve found it really hard to maintain optimism - we’ve all had them I promise!!!

Wow great article, more of this please :+1:. I have had many many many times where I’ve questioned everything, why I’m doing all this. Always in times of real struggle. If my fiance has been using or I’ve found continuous evidence of use and she’s lying to me about it. Whenever I feel like the honesty and communication is struggling I find optimism hard to come by

@Jane SO AMAZING that you’ve been able to share the awesome information with the world! It’s always great to see reasons to be optimistic shared in such a tangible way.

One thing that has helped me stay optimistic when I’m in the chaos of supporting my loved one (or anyone in general) is being mindful of the glimmers of hope I see in their process of change. Even if things aren’t perfect, knowing that my loved one is trying in the smallest ways (communicating with me, sharing how he is feeling, sharing when he is doing well and when he isn’t) has helped me stay optimistic!

And of course, this community helps me stay super optimistic :slight_smile:!

This community was probably the turning point and what has kept me going through everything in all honesty. I remember how lost and stressed I was before stumbling on in here

@Dean_Acton I honestly can’t tell you glad this comment makes me. Thank you.

Ditto @katie! Seriously, @Dean_Acton this comment made my afternoon! So happy you found us and thanks for sharing this!

I live with an adult daughter. She and I can talk about anything and are very supportive of each other. I also have a friend who, besides being my best friend, is my accountability partner in a 4 year weight loss and maintenance journey. We are all supportive of each other.
I’m basically optimistic most of the time. If things go really wrong, I usually give myself a couple of days to stew and be worried (useless), then get to work on solving the problem if I can or just ride it out if nothing can be done.

@Dean_Acton :pray: :blush:

So good @Sharonburtwocn time can be so helpful. And it takes a lot of self restraint to give it to ourselves and our loved ones <3