I blew it big time

communication

Several weeks ago I went to see my son in rehab., he asked if I could make a huge cookie tray for the party on the 19th. I rearranged my entire surgical schedule around this because I knew how important it was to him. The day before the party my ex calls and tells me that if I go his twins can’t go because she won’t allow them to see us. My son hasn’t been allowed to even talk to him. Well my son called me today and I gave him hell for it. I feel horrible. My husband and I went out shopping for the kids and we were gping to tell them it was from daddy. I have had 18 ankle and 3 back surgeries. Am I being to dramactuc or should my son had my back?

Hi Kristine,

I’m trying to understand your question but am a bit confused. Are you saying that the mother of your son’s twins won’t let them go to the party because she doesn’t want you or your ex to see the kids? And when you say your son hasn’t been allowed to talk to “him” do you mean he hasn’t been allowed to talk to your ex (I’m assuming your ex is his father).

What exactly did you give him hell for? How did he not have your back? I can sense your frustration and concern but can’t really share my opinion unless I understand better. I think you are upset because you had to rearrange your surgeries for nothing, which is a very valid reason to be upset!

Thanks for any clarification you can give.