Share weekly wins and worries 12.5.18-12.12.18

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help this week! :slight_smile:

Wins: I’m navigating and implementing new boundaries with my brother as I allow myself to notice when boundaries are needed!

Worry: The days are getting shorter and it’s getting dark earlier. But I’m working on getting a workout in in the mornings and putting soft calming lights around my apartment at night so it doesn’t feel so dark.

Wins: my husband is really being a champ lately, he is so much stronger and more stable than even a few months ago and I’m really enjoying this phase of recovery seeing him grow!

Worries: this isn’t at the front of mind, but I do know this (the above) can change pretty quickly :slight_smile: but I think the cycles are getting further between and intensity is lessening.

Win: Sister and dad have calmed down since their ‘blow up’ around Thanksgiving, and sister and I are communicating well. I’m also counting down the days until I get to visit close friends & family in Toronto (“home”)! It’s been nearly 3 years since I’ve visited, and 5 since I spent the holidays up there.

Worry: Feeling a little bit worried about the above. Want the holidays to feel nice and festive without any drama. Hope that dad’s behavior isn’t too bizarre & that dad and sister get along. I find it challenging to be “in the middle” when I most often understand and agree with my sister’s “side”, but don’t want dad to feel further isolated. And now that I’ve typed this out, I realize I can probably save this worry for a later day. :wink:

Wins-I’m reading a book to help my grandchildren deal with their emotions better.

Worries- son got out of rehab, he was supposed to do some things to start seeing his kids. I think he used again. He has been hanging out with his sister who also uses. She was angry at him a few days back and told me he used. Then she made up with him and asked me not to tell him what she said. I’m very disappointed with my both kids. I know it’s the disease, but it is still hard to process.