Share your Weekly Wins & Worries 11.14.18-11.21.18

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help this week! :slight_smile:

Today was a court date. My son has been doing pretty good. He is on a MAT program. He decided not to show up for court over his son. Said they would request a hair follicle test and he couldn’t give them a clean.one. He also had a warrant out on him so he believed they would have arrested him as well. My heart breaks. This will be the second son he has lost to his addiction. I’m worried that this will start an avalanche.

Thanks for sharing @Denise - sending love. What happens now? What’s your next goal? How can we support <3

Things are moving along for me, slowly but surely. My fiance is doing well at her new job, we’re going to start tackling all my debt. Should have her car back on the road next month so that’ll be nice, no more sharing a car with my brother. Hopefully I can start helping him get financially back on track soon too. Tonight her and I are going to deep clean her whole apartment, that’s been a long time coming and the fact that she’s the one that initiated it is a great sign that she’s moving in the right direction so I’m proud of her for that. Tired, stressed but good things are coming

Thank you for sharing @denise. Heartbreaking. Sending lots of love to you - and hoping you find a way to comfort & care for yourself in the coming days.

@Dean_Acton you rockstar :slight_smile: tell me how to tackle that debt when you figure it out :wink: hehe. Love the cleaning plan. It makes a HUGE difference to feel good in our environment. The little things count! And just having these desires is a great start to build from. Thanks for sharing with us <3

This is awesome! Love that she initiated the deep clean… and a clean apartment will feel so good! :raised_hands: Thanks for sharing @Dean_Acton!

Husband took a ton of responsibility this weekend in a big move and it took heaps of pressure off me. I sometimes feel like I carry a disproportionate weight of these things but this time he did. AMAZING.
He also asked friends to help which lightened the load, and is normally something we are both bad at - preferring to tough it out or go it alone. #progress

Love this! I remember you mentioning that last weekend he woke up before you, and you guys got coffee & pastries together! :croissant: (< That’s a croissant.) This feels like momentum, doesn’t it?!

@katie yes! It is always about 2 steps forward and 1 back hehe but in general ABSOLUTELY yes :slight_smile:

Win: Went to a football game with my husband, his family, and my dad this past weekend, and dad and I had a good time together!

Worry: Sister called today to tell me dad forgot to pay his phone bill (our family plan) which has never happened before - even in the height of his use. It could honestly be nothing at all, and still makes me raise an eyebrow. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Maybe my actual worry is that I still feel constantly “on guard.”

Okay fair! I won’t get toooo excited. And still celebrating small wins!

Well, I’m a day late but here they are. Win: my son is planning on going back to an inpatient rehab today. Worries: He was kicked out of his dad’s yesterday so will need to find somewhere to live when he gets out and I can’t give in and let him move back in with me. So now my weeks will be filled with anxiety and worry about what will happen next. :disappointed:

WIN I got back into meditating with the help of @Jane! I fell asleep and snored but that just makes life a bit more humorous! Big win for me because I’ve gotta practice what I preach :wink:
WORRY My brother shared having a desire to use for the first time in almost three years over the weekend. But for now we’re in a good place and taking it one day at a time.

Thanks for sharing a worry AND a win, even when anxiety/worry are at the forefront, @LisaMarie! Sounds like you and @catawumpus might have similar concerns about your son’s living situations right now.

The studio you guys went to looks so relaxing - no wonder you fell asleep!

My son had to move out of his apartment. He had some late rent payments and they sued him. Even though he caught up on payments, they wanted him out.

That should be a worry, but I am so proud of how he handled himself. I stopped by yesterday after work to see how the move was going. He had his brother and girlfriend helping him to move and clean up, and he was in a good mood!! I said I was really proud to see him handling this situation with grace and good humor.

This compares to another time he was moving out and my husband and I were the only ones to help him. His apartment was just in a shambles and it was very depressing. Totally different feel this time.

Amazing @Julie_Smith! :raised_hands:

So great to ask for help! That’s something my husband’s been getting better at (and I’m actually pretty terrible at!) but it really helps in so many ways - community, connection, stress. That’s awesome!