The Newcomer's Welcome: What brings you to Village?

welcome
newcomer

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 21 new members: @Cartsmom1202 @Sooner918 @MamaSand @Hobnob @Euphoria066 @Jessica_Lauren_Bray @gunpuppin @RebeccaRose @Jessie47 @nthompson01 @ajberda @Tarliah @Tarliahjane @Roxane @Anker2020 @Steph @MAnn @Icwilson818 @Pickle @Doodledog @Velvetsea
If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

1. Say ‘hi!’ on this thread & tell us where you’re typing from and how the Community can best support you.
  2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

And since you’re joining us here in the Village Community, you’re probably ready to try something new that’s proven to work - we hope you’ll try one of our Coach-guided Course options to learn skills that work ( sooner rather than later! ) - proven in NIDA Clinical Trial pilot, and there’s a 7-day free trial available for Community members.

Click HERE TO TRY A PROGRAM THAT’S PROVEN TO WORK

I am new here and still learning how to navigate things. My partner/boyfriend left for rehab 4 days ago after a 10+ year long drug addiction. We have been living 3 years. I am from Australia - Victoria where we are currently in stage 4 covid lockdown restrictions so now his gone, I am feeling much more isolated and alone. Cant see friends, family or even just go to the shops.

Each day I feel like I am going through a different emotion, sometimes I miss him, Im proud, I’m sad and sometimes I’m angry, angry at him. After being here and reading a lot of stories on this forum, I realised that I am in my own recovery - Im recovering from being in a toxic relationship with an addict. What I’m finding hard is healing myself and the hurt I have, while trying my best to be there for him and to be consistently positive and happy when he calls. I don’t want to fight or to put any sort of negative pressure on him, but I am beginning to find that hard as the days go by. Ive been nothing but happy and supportive to him since his gone, but I’m worried/hoping my own emotions and struggles don’t get in the way of that.

So far, this this forum has helped a lot and its helpful knowing that people have been or are going through similar situations.

Tarliah

Thanks for sharing Tarliah! I’ve been there and you are not alone. I know that time when they finally get into rehab can be so relieving but also tough. Glad you’re joining us in the Group Course this time around so we can support you even more :slight_smile:

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 7 new members: @gheidelberg @Peglewiswalden @broozixx @jey.kay06 @thesmallrain @Lloydh2 @wesley

1. Say ‘hi!’ on this thread & tell us where you’re typing from and how the Community can best support you.
  2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

And since you’re joining us here in the Village Community, you’re probably ready to try something new that’s proven to work - we hope you’ll try one of our Coach-guided Course options to learn skills that work ( sooner rather than later! ) - proven in NIDA Clinical Trial pilot, and there’s a 7-day free trial available for Community members.

Click HERE TO JOIN THE NEXT GROUP COURSE CYCLE STARTING THIS WEEK!w

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 8 new members: @Niferlynne @carriejo @itwillbeok @terracem7 @jojo321 @Sadie @JrbFmc1219 @cadyrussell

And since you’re joining us here in the Village Community, you’re probably ready to try something new that’s proven to work - we hope you’ll try one of our Coach-guided Course options to learn skills that work (sooner rather than later! ) - proven in NIDA Clinical Trial pilot, and there’s a 7-day free trial available for Community members.

Click HERE TO JOIN OUR CURRENT GROUP COURSE CYCLE THIS WEEK!

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 17 new members: @Shabrie_P @kirbear76 @GreenEyedGrackle @Bcarlson @KarolineM @Grace_Kellogg @JenG @DeborahPulido @Arianna_Papa @Lee_Morgan @CP47 @1jenj3n @Allforlove2013 @Rose61 @sma @P5fam

And since you’re joining us here in the Village Community, you’re probably ready to try something new that’s proven to work - we hope you’ll try one of our Coach-guided Course options to learn skills that work (sooner rather than later! ) - proven in NIDA Clinical Trial pilot, and there’s a 7-day free trial available for Community members.

Click HERE TO JOIN THE COURSE - PROVEN TO HELP!

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 14 new members: @carlsd @Douglasgomez1 @Thinkstet @deeranxiety @Toniknight @Christina_Praser-Fai @Mbates87 @katmat @ak4dsev @Bert @fiberlili @Goodwitch @serenitygirl @NewlyS2020

And now’s the perfect time to join, ahead of the festive season and winter, AND with our next group cycle starting in the next week!

Click HERE TO JOIN THE COURSE - PROVEN TO HELP!

Hi folks, it’s me, Thinkstet. I’m living in southern California- San Diego. I am here to get support in relation to my adult son. We have a loving and strong relationship that has been through a lot of different adventures. He is now 29. I have only seen him once during the pandemic although we Skype every week to check in and stay connected eyeball to eyeball. I went to Alanon for about a year and found it just ok, no one really came up to me and ever connected after the meeting, or asked if they could help, and I tried two different groups and they were very cliquey. But I did receive some learning from the group, in terms of focusing on my own issues, and staying in my own realm.

So that’s my hello.

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 5 new members: @au1990 @Lisa_Weatherley @gibcia44 @a6636 @Jillmimo If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

And now’s the perfect time to join, ahead of the festive season and winter, AND with our next group cycle starting in the next week!

Click HERE TO JOIN THE COURSE - PROVEN TO HELP - New Group cycle starting soon!

Thanks for joining us here @Thinkstet I hope we can provide you with support and skills that will be useful to you :slight_smile: and that you’ll see you’re among people who ‘get it’! Sending :heart:

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 7 new members: @AD1983 @Ponddweller @Rburch15 @GwenG @hillarywink @mbriesyoga @JuliP427 If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

And since you’re joining us here in the Village Community, you’re probably ready to try something new that’s proven to work - we hope you’ll try one of our Coach-guided Course options to learn skills that work (sooner rather than later!) - proven in NIDA Clinical Trial pilot, and there’s a 7-day free trial available for Community members.

And now’s the perfect time to join, ahead of the festive season and winter, AND with our next group cycle starting Monday November 9th and running for 12 weeks on Mondays 7-8pm EST!

If you haven’t already: Click HERE TO JOIN THE COURSE - PROVEN TO HELP - New Group cycle starting Monday!

Hi I’m Hillary and I’m in Richmond, VA. I’ve been with my husband for 25 years. He has always had a hard time ending a fun time, but as he/we have gotten older, his dependency on alcohol has gotten worse and morphed into a secretive, compulsive affair. There have been so many lies, small betrayals and mistrust over the years (all due to alcohol abuse). After some research and reading, I have come to understand co-dependency and I’m here to start working on myself!

Hi! My name is Maria and I am very grateful to be here. I have a long time marriage (22 years and almost 30 years that we’ve known each other) to a man with an alcohol/depression problem that has affected me greatly. It has taken six years to rebuild my self-esteem and self-worth through Al-Anon. Just three weeks ago I was finally able to take action and let him know I couldn’t tolerate his behaviors anymore. We have two children, 16 and 11. Our situation is very conflictual right now, so I look forward to learning skills that will help me set healthy limits while still maintaining a sense of peace in our home. I worry that the situation has gone on for so long that it may be too late to effectuate change.

Thanks for joining us @hillarywink we’re glad to have you here!

Never too late to try things a different way :slight_smile: glad you’re here with us @mbriesyoga <3

Hi Kidlets- My name is Diana but my secret name is THINKSTET which means “Keep Thinking” in editorial worlds. the symbol of 3 dots under something crossed out means, “Let it stand.” Anyway, my son is a very lovely, talented, and sometimes confused person with a substance use disorder. He has been to a 90 day treatment for alcohol and a smattering of weed. Then he went through the center’s Sober Living for another 90 days, then moved into housing for the next 5 years with guys with whom he went through treatment.

He almost hit his 5 year cake, but relapsed and has been struggling to find some balance since. He has been following SMART recovery and also some not smart not recovery tactics.

I love my son, and respect his abilities to choose his life and determine how he wants to live. To help me not be so afraid, and to work on my response to his approach to his substance use disorder, I have chosen to study the CRAFT methodology. I have faith and trust that my son will find a way to navigate his life with or without alcohol and drugs, in a way that doesn’t consistently hurt him. He is capable of being capable. I am learning to let him fail and experience the consequences of his choices. I have not always been able to detach for my emotional reasons. Now that he has his learning, and I have a course where I do not have to forsake him, as I felt the Alanon program was asking me to do, I feel much more optimistic that my encouraging attitudes and language practice will result in a better outcome for us both.
Cheers,
Diana

Ha, so you can see that I introduced myself twice… I thought that since I was starting with a new cycle I had to reexplain. Oh well. If you want to see my earlier post it is here:

Ha, or you can just scroll up about 19 days previous. :blush:

Love the double intro @Thinkstet thanks for sharing with us, and thanks for being here <3

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 13 new members: @Kdog @Steph1979 @mtnlilacs85 @Alexis-Myisha_Hampto @sarahchurch @Chelyvonne @Selizabeth98 @Hopeful @luct @Andrea1 @Mritsch @pambarnes @adrakespier If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

And now’s the perfect time to join, ahead of the festive season and winter!

If you haven’t already: Click HERE TO JOIN THE CLINICALLY PROVEN COURSE

Sending out a Warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 5 new members: @Alexandra_McBrayer @sailornikki @Bobina04 @Ani_Jones @Christen_Mckay If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

And now’s the perfect time to join, ahead of the festive season and winter!

If you haven’t already: Click HERE TO JOIN THE CLINICALLY PROVEN COURSE