The Newcomer's Welcome: What brings you to Village?

welcome
newcomer

I’m here to find inner calm and would love to be in place where I can move with the ups and downs without such despair. I’ve been on my own recovery journey with al anon over the last year and has given me such insight to my own beliefs and need to control. It’s been so hard but a much needed lesson. So far this path has saved my marriage and want to continue down this road. I love what you said @Kelleyw17, I still find i stop living on the bad days. I would love to be in a better place within myself and with my husband - so we both dont feel alone everytime he falls off the wagon. It’s so draining and upsetting, sometimes a bit hard not to take it personally but I’m learning to detach with love.

Welcome @Kelleyw17! We’re super thankful for your willingness to share what you’ve learned and your openness to finding help for what you haven’t yet. Glad you’re here!!

Hey guys! Welcome. I’m excited to hear all the new input from everyone and see what new discussions evolve from it. I’ve found this community to be so so supportive, it has been an enormous stress relief for me and I’ve developed a better understanding of how to handle my own self care and my ever changing situation with my fiance who is recovering from heroine.

Hi! My name is Lucimara and the addition of my husband has been affecting me for 11 years. We lived together when my daugher was born, splited up, got back together than he got arrested. I thought I would never live like that again but three years ago he was in recovery and I decided to give him a chance again. We got married and our lives were bettet than never. But few weeks ago he relapsed. I am really sad about It because I know I can walk away any time I want but what about his live? Since than the only thing I have been doing is praying…

Welcome all! I hope you find what I find in the Village- positive encouragement, no judgement and inspiration especially from the wonderful moderators/experts! Self love doesn’t mean you are being “selfish” - be sure to take moments to self care/love!

Hi everyone! My name is Christine, my brother in law recently passed away from an accidental overdose and my boyfriend currently hasn’t had a drink since Thanksgiving… My boyfriend has been struggling with addiction for a few years now. I am here to learn, discuss and hopefully help anyone in any way that I can. Please feel free to connect.

Lots of love to everyone xoxo

@ChristineInrig I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I am sending you my deepest condolences. On the other hand, that is incredible to hear about your boyfriend! We are so glad you joined the community. Let us know how we can help you the most <3

I am here to look for advice regarding an old friend. I recently found she was a heroin addict. She is very far away from me but does talk or text me recently every day. She was homeless, recently started staying with a friend. (A friend of hers who went to rehab and got clean.) She is trying to be clean, has used, but has told me it was weeks ago. I do believe she is doing better, she did get out of a toxic relationship. She does talk to me about a lot of personal things going on with her. I want to believe she is well and getting sober. Sometimes I don’t know. I joined to get advice, about what a person may act like or feel like going through withdrawals like that. And what I should look out for. Thanks

Hey @Tryingtohelp, welcome here and thanks for sharing! Your friend is lucky to have you! Take a look around the site and see if any posts can give you information you’re looking for, and if not, feel free to post a question! Glad you found us :hugs:

Squeezing an enormous #WednesdayWelcome into our final hour of the day (at least, Eastern time) to 23 new members this week: @Lucimara @Marissa_Palamaras @Jbadon @ChristineInrig @JaneDoeandme @emerald13 @dearestolive @Amber_Apple @Klott32 @Guri @Tabi @LRose @Bryan0110 @Criss_Paulsen_Hender @Whatevwr @shellym269 @Donecoaching @Sasygal22 @Philw1617 @MKJ @Heavendreamer @Heatherbether @Floffer

If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

1. Say ‘hi!’ on this thread & tell us how the Community can best support you.
  2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help. :tada:

Hello! My name is Shelly and I am here because my husband suffers from addiction. As you all know, that puts me on a difficult spot. One of the hardest things about it is feeling so alone. People who haven’t been there don’t understand, therefore there’s alot of criticism and condemnation. I am looking forward to having communication with me there who do understand.

The new year has my brain a little bit scattered and I’ve realized right now that today is Thursday not Wednesday… so while I missed our normal #WednesdayWelcome, my excitement for the 7 new members who joined us this past week has not been forgotten!

Welcome here @Sherree_Lott @Elizabeth_Golen-John @elmir @anonymous7 @Audrey @Charlene_Mackie @Dariablue! :tada:

2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help…

It’s #WelcomeWednesday!

We’re so grateful to welcome 21 newcomers into the Community in the last seven days: @3517 @Bohogirl @soberissexy19 @Dymond001 @Dancewithsobriety @anonymous8 @Skmx1 @Kat @jenaperers @Lwood525 @Kate_Patterson @ghaditayeh @rmcguppy @Fairy2002 @Jsolt @Lala @Lyoung1902 @Legitscript @Hopefollowsme @Birch_Quabec @hsbrooks

2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added makes this place a more valuable resource for all.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help. :tada:

Happy Saturday! I am here to get help in MY recovery from my alcoholic sister. In the short time I have been on this website, I have felt a small blanket started to be lifted off my chest. Like the alcoholic, it is going to take a concentrated EFFORT to reclaim myself from the destruction that has gripped me these past few years.

I am grateful for this forum that we can access 24/7.

I’m here to seek support as I’ve been pulled into
Some pretty isolating patterns and those patterns need to be changed.

Accessibility when it comes to mental health resources is SO important, and something that is so personally meaningful to me as well. So glad you’re a part of the community @dbfbilly1! :slight_smile:

Welcome @Emkawa I hear ya on the isolating patterns. I’ve been there too, glad we’ve connected here.

We’re so glad you’re here @Emkawa! :two_hearts:

Welcome @Emkawa! I hope that you’ll find a lot of support here. I’ve only been on here for a few days and I am already feeling a sense of community and hope just being here. I hope that you find that too!

Hi everybody, I originally joined the Village community to offer some advice as my boyfriend is a recovering heroin addict and we have been through quite the journey together for almost 3 years. I have learned A LOT about addiction and learned how I can be the best support for him and love him without enabling. He went to rehab, got the help he needed, and moved in with me last summer. He was doing really well and all his friends were even telling me that this is the best they have ever seen him as he has struggled with addiction for more than 10 years. Something that concerned me for a while was that he slowly stopped going to meetings but I was glad that he was still keeping in touch with his rehab friends for accountability.

I was pretty hesitant about joining the Village but I was pushed to join sooner as I caught my boyfriend using a few days ago. He had been doing so well… he had been clean for 18 months which is the longest he has ever been clean. He told me he had only used 2-3 other times because he had been stressed about finances and the holidays. He also has a really bad back that causes him a lot of pain. I tried my best to react out of love and not anger. It was extremely disappointing and I am hurt once again because he broke my trust. We talked for a long time and came to the agreement that he will go to a meeting every day for the next 30 days, find an extracurricular activity/hobby, and talk to a doctor about his back.

I’ve gone through relapses with him before but this one felt a little different because he admitted right away and talked to me about coming up with a plan to keep him from using again. It’s hard to believe anything he says when he’s using but I was glad that he didn’t get defensive and run off like he has done in the past. He admitted right away so I’m hoping this is just a little slip-up along his road to long term recovery. I am really stressing about this whole situation. I know recovery isn’t perfect but it is still hard because I’m not sure if his mind is really in the right place. I’m afraid that he’ll just go back to using full-time again.

Anyways, that was a much longer post than I planned on but I hope somebody else can relate and offer any advice.