What course do you recommend?

support

I’m looking to get educated in the CRAFT model as I have a 22 year old son in active addiction. Im living in constant fear right now. Fear for him, fear of saying the wrong things, and fear of the unknown. Is there a particular course one would recommend…the individual or group course?

My son has been in active addiction for many years but this course helped me learn to communicate with him in a way that feels better for both of us. I would recommend this course if you are looking for support. I did the 129.99 for 3 months because I wanted the weekly group and I’m glad it did.

CRAFT has helped me too. So has Al-anon. CRAFT gave me the support of others going through the same thing along with weekly activities to determine the things I can change and the things I can’t. I have suffered from the abuse of my 17 year old’s addiction and mental health for three years. I learned how to stop accepting the abuse and how to enjoy her positive traits. It has been the most difficult thing I have ever done, but it helped me grow and our family now feels love and peace (for the most part). Praying for you. I know your pain.

Dear @Anielsen973 I also recommend the WetheVillage Craft Course. I participated in this 2 years ago and my son was in relapse at the time. He has since stopped drinking and I attribute a lot of that decision to the improvement in our communication. This is a very cost effective way to improve the odds of your son seeking treatment, and you may feel much improved as well.

Surprise Spoiler Alert! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The behaviors that underlie addictions don’t go away just because they become alcohol free or drug free or whatever. Bummer! But it helps to realize most of this is a processing issue and improving communication does improve the chances that your son will feel the love you have for him, and within that safety and refuge will be able to explore his way forward.

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover: