What to do when the addict My Son tells me , “you don’t love me are you would let me live with you and my girlfriend can come too. “

boundaries

What to do when the addict My Son tells me , “you don’t love me are you would let me live with you and my girlfriend can come too. “

Hi @Navyarm - I’m sorry that your son is challenging your love for him because you are setting a boundary around what you need to be safe. You do love your son- and you have to take care of yourself, too. I am sorry he’s taunting you and trying to make you feel bad because you’re not doing what he wants. Truthfully, it’s your time to take care of yourself and not be too bogged down by his deteriorating drug decisions.

Maybe you can tell him that you do love him, and if he were clean and sober there would be a better possibility of him (and his girlfriend) living with you. In most cases, the older we are the more we “should” be able to rely on our younger family members to help US make it through this life. I miss you, so thanks for writing.

Hi @Navyarm,
I wanted to wish you a happy 4th of July. How are you doing? What’s going on with you?

“Of course I love you. How can you even question my love? But I love myself as well and I will not allow you to manipulate me any longer.” It’s EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL!