What wins and worries are on your mind this week? [10.9.19-10.16.19]

self-care

What’s your current state of mind? Wins, Worries, this is the place to freely share what’s on your mind this week. We’d love to hear it!

And remember, you never know how your share might help this week!

Wins: Since the night last week that I found my guy passed out, drug paraphernalia on his bedside table, while staying away from home to dogsit - he has agreed and reached out to an outpatient drug abuse counselor here through an inpatient rehab facility. He’s gotten his insurance involved and even has looked into the Vivitrol shot which is a shot that blocks opiate use if a drug addict slips and uses (spelling and thoughts on this welcome!) He has gotten financial support set up through his employer which is a blessing!
2nd Win: I start a new job back in the banking industry after being laid off last year. Had to go into retail as a last ditch effort to have income. This job came out of nowhere and after interviewing I was offered the position. It’s a huge pay increase, back to my regular Mon-Fri 9-5 banking world schedule I’m used to!! I’m so stinking excited.
Worries: On the same token, I’m worried this is all just an act because he was cornered into finally admitting to relapse once I dug up enough evidence over past 2 months or more and harassed him enough to be honest. The first time he came clean, he jumped head first into Heroin Anonymous and that lasted a good month or so and then fizzled out. I’m scared this will be the same and find myself being way more discouraged from the get go this time around.

Wow, awesome wins @ltd31015!! Congrats on the new job! And I’ve heard very promising things about Vivitrol so fingers crossed there as well!

I know it’s hard for me to be optimistic at times because I’m worried about the let down, but I try to remember that even if this isn’t IT it is a huge step in the right direction and any progress is a win :smile: