Am I moving on from my loved one?

boundaries

It’s been 2 months now since I had to tell my boyfriend to leave due to drug use and refusing help. I do see him about once a week here at home, I think he’s comfortable where he’s at, nobody talks to him about getting help, etc…
I have been feeling comfortable with living here without him, yesterday he came over but I didn’t let him in, we talked for 2 minutes in hallway. I spent my birthday without him a few days ago, but it didn’t really phase me, he insisted to come over but I said no. He doesn’t want help and tells me I talk to much if I bring it up, I don’t have much to talk about at this point with him, so does this mean I moved on?? It’s kinda weird but I would like to know if anyone else has ever gotten to this point with their loved one, I don’t see him the same anymore after starting to heal a little bit, I don’t know what to say to him, but I don’t feel like I once did. We were best friends before relationship and now I don’t see either of those things.

Hi @Letty14 I know how you feel about feeling numb to your ex… and happy late birthday! I hope this is a year for you to heal and be still and have fun and learn a lot about yourself and your big wonderful world.!

Once you get off the treadmill of trying to cajole someone into getting clean you have a lot more time on your hands to explore your own wants, needs, dreams.

My ex-husband and I got to the point where the marriage was so broken and I was so done picking up the pieces that I didn’t have any energy left to give. I felt sad about it, and very ho hum about all of it, and very determined to take stock of things and make the best of what I had with the time I had.

Thank you for your response and birthday wishes :two_hearts:
And that’s the word I am feeling “numb”, like I threw in the towel. I feel relaxed instead of tense, I do feel bad also but I have nothing else to give.
I am trying to get myself together, finally talking to my older sister about things and it just felt good that it wasn’t about him.
Thank you :blush::sparkling_heart:

Hey @Letty14 here’s a post from your former self. It seems that you’re right on time. Lucky and blessed.