Does anybody out there have any advice or opinions on blind detoxing? TIA

recovery

Does anybody out there have any advice or opinions on blind detoxing? TIA

It all depends what you are detoxing from. Alcohol and Benzo’s are very dangerous . Opioids can vary from amount and length of time using . Making the person comfortable and having a solid support system in place will be vital , knowing when it time to head to the Er is very important as well.
Good luck
Kris Perry long

@gwen Hi can I ask you what blind detoxing means please?

I’m not sure Denise! That’s why I’m inquiring. My daughter has been clean for 6 months now (she’s been on methadone) and she wants to come off that as well. I never wanted her to go on methadone, but she’s an adult so I had no say. So she just told me this is what she is going to do and I’m not sure if it’s “risky” or good…

I am definitely not familiar with methadone is that the one that they take and if they drink they get sick really bad

please not to bring your hopes down but I was feeling so good after May 20th we went June July August and September and you think you’re on top of the world then there’s a relapse I’m not saying that’s going to happen to your daughter but please be aware that it’s possible I was on cloud nine and it burst my bubble but now his back on right track it was just one setback a couple mishaps small small but from going from 3 pints a day 2 a half pint every 3 months is pretty awesome I’m so proud of your daughter tell her

Blind detoxing should ALWAYS be done under the supervision of a medical team.

It’s very common for our loved one’s to feel anxious when considering tapering off of their substances. The anxiety about withdrawal can be so severe, that sometimes facilities offer “blind detoxing” in which your doctors/nurses don’t reveal how much they are lowering your dose to and when. Because you don’t know when the decrease will happen, it can decrease the amount one worries and lessen anxiety.

Personally I don’t know anyone who has ever done blind detoxing (my brother has been in coordination and control with his doctor regarding his Suboxone taper), but if anyone out there has experience we would love to hear about it here!

My daughters drug of choice was heroin and after she detoxed in a hospital, she went into a drug program and they put her on methadone. She has come a long way and has counseling there on a regular basis, but now she wants to get off the methadone. It’s like another addiction in my eyes, but they are telling me she will do better this way??? I am still learning…and in the end I don’t have any say anyway! ugh!