Has anyone had success with Psychedelics?

mental-health

I wanted to ask if anyone has had experience using psychedelics to help with addiction? I ask this because it was a game changer for me. There is a resurrection of research being published showing the efficacy of psychedelics being used for addiction. Below is just one of those articles

When I used DMT and Mushrooms it completely reset my cognitive thinking and impulse control. The way this works is these drugs connect new pathways and neurons to speak to each other.

The best example I can use to describe it is think of rain falling on a rock, over time grooves will form and the water will go down the same groove whenever their is rain fall and the grooves will get deeper and deeper each time it rains. The grooves are akin to our reactions to emotions and addiction. We feel scared, we reach for our drug, we feel anxious - we reach for our drug. Psychedelics help reset the brain or flatten out the grooves.

It is not a cure all by any means but it gave me the space I needed from my impulses to teach myself more constructive habits on how to deal with emotions. Remember - your loved one isn’t using to get high - they are using to feel normal and manage their emotions because drugs offer a predictability to how one will feel after using them

There is a recent book published here which does a great job of explaining all of this

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/how-to-change-your-mind-michael-pollan/1127236693/2679774934842?st=PLA&sid=BNB_Core+Catch-All,+Low&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9ZbP6L3y3gIVwVuGCh393wMeEAQYAyABEgImTPD_BwE

Anyone interested in trying psychedelics out should do so in a controlled setting. I had a great experience at the https://synthesisretreat.com/ in the netherlands.

I was wondering if anyone else in the forum had looked into this?

Interesting @addictability. I’m curious to hear what people think! I have some friends who sing the praises of psychedelics - but I don’t have personal perspective or opinion here.

I’ve read the book “How to Change Your Mind” and it got me very interested in finding a guide sometime and trying a psychedelic, for myself and my husband.

I’ve heard good things. But no personal experience! Other than a doctor who told me that they’re doing tests off the coast of America with veterans and PTSD conditions to try to get ibogaine passed for heroin / opiate addiction…and that the testing sounds very promising. But unfortunately not readily promoted / available in mainstream.