Has your loved one used CBD and has it helped in relation to addiction issues?

recovery

My husband has a hard time slowing down and unwinding. Last night we went to a meditation class with friends and we bought some cbd oil drops - we’re going to give it a whirl. I don’t know much about it but if it’s harmless and helps him relax and sleep then that could be really helpful! He hadn’t really wanted to take more clinical meds for it. And I’ve posted many times about his sleep issues - from sleeping SO much to not at all!

Love to hear your experiences with it?

I feel like CBD could be a real game changer for addiction. My fiance uses it when she has it and she says it literally destroys any cravings she might have, no desire to use at all. On top of that she gets a good night’s sleep, helps her with her appetite, helps her anxiety and depression.

That’s amazing. I’m really excited to try it - I mean for him to try it! I think he’d wake up feeling a lot better if he didn’t have to have a bottle of wine and two shots of vodka!

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Any update @polly? Did it help with relaxation or sleep?

So - I think it’s been really helpful. Again, my husband drinks a WHOLE BOTTLE of wine to quiet his mind to get to sleep…since using CBD oil he hasn’t done that! BUT now we’re out…that little bottle is expensive and gone :wink: <3

CBD oil can be really helpful for some people!

For starters, CBD is not psychoactive like THC. And you can experiment with different ratios of CBD to THC in the oil to find the optimal dose for you…

I found this helpful article that uses the phrase “start low & go slow” while you figure out what works for you personally.