How do i keep trying to prove to my husband that my relapse was only a 'Slip' one time in 5 yrs and never again? And im chronically ill with incurable condition

relapse

Use this category to ask & share about your physical, mental, and emotional well-being - your personal experience supporting someone through addiction.

Suggested use -
What emotions are you experiencing?
How are you taking care of yourself?

Hi @Katerina_Schlosser-G, there’s a guide you can download on this topic and a previous conversation that might be helpful here: How do you bounce back from slip ups?

In my own experience, building that trust takes time, but it can be done and actions are extremely powerful. I think it helps to examine what led to the slip and what things are in place to help avoid another one. Addiction can be very difficult for loved ones to understand, so this site might be helpful for your husband to check out too. The more we know about addiction, the more likely we are to be able to respond in a compassionate, supportive manner. And it always helps to know you’re not the only one going through something similar.

Sending positive thoughts your way :heart: