How should I go about this

rehab
children

My girlfriend is in alcohol inpatient treatment and I have children. Am I supposed to wait for her to come home and take the chance that she doesn’t want to be with us and we have to start from Ground Zero again protect my children and better my situation and just move on and not leave at the chance.

That is a very difficult situation. It’s hopeful she is in treatment and I realize the unknown is scary. Can you, as her partner or co parent, be included in her aftercare planning? Does her treatment program have a family support program?

Hi @Danthedad88 - How have things been going with your girlfriend in treatment these last few weeks? Have you been able to get involved with her aftercare planning as @Xineenglish suggested?

It can definitely be overwhelming to think about the future and have no idea what’s in store. In situations like this, it can be helpful to simply take it one day at a time, and to keep in mind that any decision you make for today doesn’t have to mean that’s your decision forever.

They did not offer any kind of help for me or info but I have been working on my self so I’m not just stagnant when she came home. Today is her first day home and we’re not diving into much right away I’m still hurt and angry and I don’t trust my words right now so I’m just laying low and going with the flow. It’s been difficult being closed out and left in the dark. I do love her and I want us to work out. I found a counselor who takes my insurance so I’m going to see her for a wile before I try and open up with her about the nitty gritty conversations. I think that will be our best bet.