New to the Village? Start here!

Hello, and Welcome! :wave:

Recovery takes a village. Our peer support and discussion forum is a free community to ask questions, get answers, or just read about topics that relate to your situation as a friend or family member of someone in addiction or recovery. You are not alone. There are others like you who are going through the same thing, or who have gone through it and have seen their loved ones find help and healing. Recovery is possible!

Are you a parent, a spouse, a sibling? Find conversations with others who relate:

Looking for conversations specific to health and treatment?

Are you interested in proven skills and support to help your loved one and finally motivate change?

Ready to get started and connect? Introduce yourself in the comments below and tell us why you’re here.

For help navigating the We The Village community, check out this quick how-to video

Extending a warm Welcome to the many newcomers we’ve had in the last few months! We’d love for you to introduce yourself and share what brings you to this community?

@SoSad @ash_11 @TamiB @Txsarah @Heather17 @Mamabecs5 @Anikki @ivonneperla @bc0992 @JLWR @Fyttyf @Rehabscams @groundandlettinggo @Beabuffey @faith23 @Nell @Jansport @baptistgirl23 @Ccb4life @Asha @Gstarpimp @Abbydott @Trilliam @Wanjiru @BPMom @Buddy @JC0710 @lavendergirl @Chrissyctorres @hithere2345 @Sharonrae71824 @Cfj @Jojo76 @Ljb32290 @Inthewind @bbrritt @Webster95 @CuriousNdCuriouser @Go4Gold @tjohnson @Sam @Isab7 @Princess21 @Mrashid @JEWELES @hopefulhh @Shift673 @K0919 @Talebia.s @ProjectSarah @Bisto @Eviejj1 @Rxanpowell @Tarheel @Riley7823 @Zakena922 @Thatgrlkylie @jjlarson @Tomato12 @Angie1 @Rbuzas @withers1978 @Vrela @Rain @Mckinley390 @Mariahray @apart @Keljon @professorjo @1111 @CuriousGal @Haifisch @MaryK @Coreyfish98 @tsavv @JoeP @Emilymi1212 @BigDogDad @SupportiveGF @Rose101 @Tstaples @Danthedad88 @Clean2024 @Justbroken @Vrs227 @Sisterof3 @sarahhunt02 @Ginadeluca18 @Heather623 @HeatherAnn13 @finloq @Lalamo @anonymous87 @Sunflower094 @Nicoleanne @mbhatia211 @Momo1265 @Ash4

The more you share with others, or even just let them know you understand, the more we can help each other get through what we’re all going through. You’re not alone!

Hello All,

My name is Chrissy and my SO is in active addiction using a 5th of vodka a day, if not more. I’d like him to minimize or moderate his drinking and especially not drink while driving. More importantly, I’d like to start taking care of myself so much so that I’m not triggered by him, his mouth, or jilted ex wife’s mouth. We’ve been together since 10/28/22 and living together since 02/2023. I’d mentioned many times that I’d take it for as long as I can and then end the relationship and made him get a job. He promised to be a 2 drink a night guy once he has a job, but that never happened and hasn’t still. I’m now a wee bit financially dependent on him until my next raise and him paying me back owed money once his the settlement on his house is final in November, if not sooner. I find myself behaving in a way I never have before, being physically violent with him and it’s not only horrific, but depleting spiritually. This is not me, but it has been too frequently and it needs to stop. I just found CRAFT and ITC and have been trying to find a community that is good fit for me. I appreciate any and all words of advice and direction that might help me. I don’t want to be this woman.

Kind regards,
Chrissy

Happy Wednesday, Villagers! Sending out a warm welcome to our newcomers in the Village Community: @Mindy16 @Mich2406 @Beth24 @Blacksocker @Oxygenplug @Googoo @sadnlonely @Sydmrobin @Care

We’d love for you to introduce yourself and share what brings you here?

Remember: you’re not alone, and just sharing our stories can be a huge step toward positive change - in our loved ones and ourselves.

I stumbled on CRAFT and ITC looking for Al Anon meetings and Found Cory Martin of the Recovery Revolution where she was quoting efficacy percentages! I was blown away because I’d never heard of CRAFT or ITC but was very hopeful for myself and my SO being that CRAFT is 65-70% effective vs Al Anon being 14%. I have some resentment for having to incur costs to have a relationship with him, but of course am aware that regardless of us staying together this kind of relating will help me in many areas despite the work it will take me to find my inner peace. I have the audio book Beyond Addiction and the paper back work book and am trying to listen when I can and have been meeting with certain groups trying to find the right fit. I’m interested in the online courses here but would like to speak to someone before I proceed.

Let’s welcome our new Villagers! If you’d like to connect, please say hi and introduce yourself, and share what brings you here? Loving someone with a substance use disorder can feel hopeless and confusing. You’ve got a Village here to remind you: you’re not alone.

:wave: @Maria2 @Bluejay28 @Interest @Kmcray @Ukmama @Katherine @Sarah1Jean @Mac @Ash0423 @mushal @kmiranne @SMS

Hi @Chrissyctorres it’s great to have you here, and I’m glad you found CRAFT and We The Village because it really can give you a blueprint that you can apply uniquely to your relationship and situation to navigate the challenges of being in relationship with someone who is using substances in a problematic way.

You are definitely not alone in this sentiment:

I have some resentment for having to incur costs to have a relationship with him, but of course am aware that regardless of us staying together this kind of relating will help me in many areas despite the work it will take me to find my inner peace.

We do our absolute best to keep our high quality programs as affordable and accessible as possible. And I’d love to connect you with one of our coaches to schedule a brief intro call, with no cost to you, to learn more about our CRAFT programs and see which might be a good fit. I’ll send you a message with details of how to book.

Happy Wednesday, Villagers! How is the week going for everyone? I’d like to welcome our newcomers here and open up safe space to share intros, stories, what brings you here? This space is for you and remember: you’re not alone.

:wave: @Alexiswise45 @abp3690 @Sum4987 @Willy @J987 @kat3 @Baybediva @Krisw101

Please send me a note if you have any questions about the community or CRAFT!

Our next Online CRAFT group starts on November 4 - you can read more about it and sign up below:

Hi @Chrissyctorres - welcome to the Village! I’m glad you found this space.

I love that you mention CRAFT! Curious to know what your thoughts are on the CRAFT approach? We offer an online CRAFT program with certified coaches and weekly group calls that can help you connect with others going through similar situations. You’re not alone. Click here to learn more.

It takes a lot of courage to look inward like that and recognize that your behaviors don’t align with what you really want. Just that openness and awareness is a huge step that can lead you to positive change.