The Newcomer's Welcome: What brings you to Village?

welcome
newcomer

Looks like my #WednesdayWelcome post from last week didn’t actually post :face_with_monocle: soooo THIS WEEK I’m extra excited to publically welcome the 36 new members who have joined us in the past fourteen days: @anonymous15 @Audray_Gollinger @kalialyssa @Louise9 @AreaMan @Oldenufftoknowbetter @Sobermom @nurseanm @Butters @mommylove44ever @Jamtart @Liveandletlive @Babsy @ksrhdsg7 @Kinserjl @sydneyg12 @Khatsie @Kimcat68 @nikki92394 @AMD @anonymous16 @LMP @Kapua @ACSC101 @ProudMommy0808 @Andrea @Michsheyx @Shaelee26 @Bigp1970 @Lisa @Ada_Wu @anonymous17 @Cassie @annabelle @Joinblack @Gimmiefood @Janelle_Parkinson

Friends, if you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

1. Say ‘hi!’ on this thread & tell us how the Community can best support you.
  2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help! ::sun_with_face:

I have been there. My boyfriend slipped recently after 1.5 years clean but he responded by going right back to working on his recovery. I was so afraid he was just going to go back to using like he’s done in the past but this time was different. I understand that fear and the lack of trust you feel! I hope this community will help you feel less alone. I’m glad to know that there are so many others that know what I’m going through :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m happy to be here. My spouse is in in-patient for a few more weeks and I’m mostly looking to glean imformation on what to expect when he returns and how I can support his sobriety while protecting my boundaries. After 7 years of lies, 2 failed outpatient rehabs and reaching my “get help or get out” point - I’m cautiously optimistic, but guarded.
I find myself surfing the questions and responses lookimg for answers.

Welcome here @LMP! Wondering if you might find some helpful info on this post, and any questions that it raises for you, please hit that big pink ‘Ask Question!’ Lots of people here eager to help. :relaxed:

How are things going @LMP ? <3 sending the good vibes your way!

Extending a warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 15 new members this week: @anonymous18 @anonymous19 @Allie @david @jlynnmarch @btp @Keli @Chance @Onedayatatime @sanddulr @Klover14 @AleLagarda97 @Blake @Bee @Nlgarrison :tada:

Friends, if you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

2. Find one question that you feel comfortable to answer! Every question or answer added honestly makes this place a more valuable resource for all .

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help!

Hi! Thank you to this site for reaching out to me through Instagram. I am very new to all things support groups for those affected by loved ones choices in addiction. Im three months into Al-Anon for my qualifier’s alcohol addiction and previous opioid addiction. I’m having some difficulty finding time in my busy schedule to keep up with the topics on this site, read the literature, or just find time to do something for me.

Hello, I learnt about the group on Instagram as I was searching for resources on how to support a loved one with an addition. It was just after my partner went into rehab which I found very difficult to cope with. I resisted joining the group for a few weeks, I somehow didn’t feel ready. But I am grateful for your following up on your first invitation to me and encouraging me to join. There is already quite a lot I have learnt and of course so much more to learn on how I can best be supportive as I continue walking this journey with my partner. Thank you again and I look forward to interacting with you all.

So great to have you with us @jlynnmarch. Take your time, there’s no rush.

This category of the site: Your Playbook shows our perspectives on key topics if that’s a nice place to start - you can just pick and choose from 12 topics which are most useful to you right now <3

Remember that healing takes time for them and for us :slight_smile: and we’ll be here with you through whatever comes up.

One thing that has helped me in the past is to focus on one thing maybe one goal for right now. Rome wasn’t built in a day and we’re not going to fix everything all at once - it’s a process!

Perhaps it might be something like:

• strengthening yourself,
  • fretting less,
  • feeling more hope,
  • keeping things peaceful at home

or perhaps more focused on your loved one like

• celebrating their wins,
  • bringing in one joyful activity into the week
  • or avoiding one particular trigger.

We can meet you wherever you’re at, support you to where you want to be. We have tips and some guides we can share relevant to your goal.

Do you think that would be helpful?

Or real simple, just by checking in on this site to read a bit whenever you can will help increase feelings of hope and knowledge that you’re not alone in this!

We do also offer calls with our amazing Coach @erica if you want to go deeper one to one :slight_smile:
Click here to find get a session.

so glad we found one another :blush: and you decided to join us :heart:

Welcome @Keli! Glad you took up the invitation to join us here! I hope you continue to find information and support as your walk this journey with your partner.

Extending a very warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 14 new members this week: @lizc74 @JanaeSorenson @macphees @Mommaofanaddict @Drfmis @Koollisa15 @afarrel @Momof3 @kc1283 @Laurag71 @Nasir_X @Helen_Griffen @Rachel @AdamJ!

If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help! :sun_with_face:

Hi! Just beginning the journey of recovery with my loved one as my spouse begins rehab. Very hard being away from him and not knowing what’s going on, but the resources here are already helping me understand him better. I should have started this earlier!

So glad you’re with us @Rachel - remember what it was like when my husband went into rehab. How far is he into it now?

He finishes detox today (after 3 days). Tomorrow starts the rehab portion (28ish days). It’s hard looking at the calendar and seeing how long he’ll be gone but I’m trying to focus on all the good that will come out of this investment of his time.

One tip I found really helpful in the playbook was focusing on the positive / good in him. It inspired me to write him a letter to him today detailing the wonderful things I see in him and the reasons I fell in love with him. It made me realize how much of that we’ve lost through this whole thing as we became absorbed in the fight around treatment. I wish I had tried that earlier. Because deep down, I know he’s a great person who is hurting and struggling. Sharing in case that inspires someone else.

Extending a very warm #WednesdayWelcome to our 11 new members this week: @Koniantic @suzypuss63 @Clownfish @NLHope @Brandon_Jak_Cruz @Fiveliddles @MaryDMeyer @Kerry @voxwriter @Ladnav @Lauren!

If you haven’t yet, please take 5 minutes to:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! I’m here & happy to help! :sun_with_face:

Love that @Rachel - so much - I want to post in it’s own thread if ok by you <3

It can be a tough time to wait and watch his transformation from a far but just take it one day at a time and know there’s so much healing going on <3 <3

1. Hi I am Kerry, I lost my brother to overdose the day before Thanksgiving. My son, who has struggled with addiction to pain pills, found him on the bathroom floor and by early Jan was in treatment himself because his addiction rapidly progressed and turned to heroin. I need to be completely transparent because I am struggling bad with ALL of this considering I am a counselor and do addiction treatment. I am struggling with finding grief therapists to return my calls to schedule an appointment. I just need a no judgement place to process my loss and my grief

Hi @Kerry so glad you’re with us here and we’re sending you all the love right now. @erica is available for calls via this link if that is useful for you :heart: but either way know that we are here for you. We are that no judgement place for you and for this rollercoaster of a journey. Share what you can and we’ll be here to listen :heart:

I know that @Chris and @nikki92394 have posted on loss before so giving a quiet shoutout in case they have any wisdom to share.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! My adult daughter is a heroin addict, struggling with recovery at the moment. It’s surely been a rollercoaster . Thanks a bunch for having this wonderful group that is very much needed.