What little thing can you do everyday to grow everyday?

self-care

Hey guys, so I started actively trying to one thing everyday to learn or grow as a person and honestly it feels great and I want to start getting my fiance to do it. Just little things, read a chapter in a book, exercise, try to eat healthy, learn or discover something new. Get one thing done everyday, preferably early before you start your day is when i like to do it. What things do you guys do to learn or grow as a person everyday?

This is so AWESOME @Dean_Acton and thanks for starting off the week with such a great question!

I start the day by making my bed, making coffee, then turning on light hearted news (aka ā€œThe Today Showā€). I generally wake up to a cool new meditation video my brother sends me so if I can, I try and listen to that as well :slight_smile:

I used to meditate alittle bit but I could never stick with it. Can you give me some advice on some beginner videos??

@Dean_Acton My husband really likes the Headspace app! I think it gives you like 10 (??) sessions for free to learn the essentials of meditation and mindfulness (kinda starts you off easy), and then there are some subscription offers after that. (He thinks of it like a gym membership for his mind.) Iā€™ve also heard good things about Calm, which I think has a more extensive ā€˜freeā€™ library.

@Sophie What was the meditation app you mentioned once upon a time!?

@Dean_Acton I agree with what @katie mentioned! Both Headspace and Calm are great starters. In addition Buddhify is really great because it has specific guided meditations for certain situations such as: ā€œWork Breakā€, ā€œCanā€™t Sleepā€, ā€œWalkingā€, and more!

So far today after dropping my brother and fiance off at their jobs I got some coffee, let her dog out, came home let my dog out and gave her a bath because she rolled in poopā€¦ then I turned on the news and just finished 2 chapters in this book about social media marketing Iā€™ve been reading :grinning:

I love this @Dean_Acton! I like to start my day with a podcast.

My current go-tos are:
On Being with Krista Tippett (conversation about the big questions of meaning)
Terrible, Thanks for Asking (talking honestly about our pain, awkwardness, humanness)
Entreleadership (mostly guest speakers on leadership, entrepreneurship, teamwork)

Oh no - dog poop!! What a way to start the day!

@Dean_Acton this is such a good post, thank you so much for sharing! This year Iā€™ve really been about doing little things for myself everyday to help me grow. For me this past fall, itā€™s been more about setting myself up to be in a position to do the things that would allow me to grow each day. This has meant returning to a rowing team after taking some time off for a while, waking up early and taking the time to enjoy breakfast, and going to bed at a reasonable time each night. I used to think I had to stay up super late to finish work to feel like a ā€œgood studentā€ , but now Iā€™ve realized performing my best is not about losing sleep to work; itā€™s about nurturing myself to be in a position where I can perform my best and grow from there!