Why is she not calling

My partner just went into rehab and she has been offered to make a phone call and she has yet to reach out to me or her kids. She has even been encouraged and she is still not wanting to speak to anyone. I’m not sure how to feel or what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi @Care - how are you today? Have you heard from your partner? It’s good to hear that she’s in rehab and getting support. That’s a big step. I remember when my husband on rehab, when I first saw him he seemed like a completely different person. He seemed so broken it was scary. I hardly recognized him. He didn’t seem interested or happy to see me or his son that first visit. He was still detoxing and just in a very tough place. Looking back now I know I should not have taken it personally. It passed, and things got better. They got worse, too, but then better. Recovery is not a straight line.

How are you taking care of yourself during this time? Are you in contact with the rehab or do you have access to counselors or support groups at the rehab?