1st post: my wife enters rehab this Saturday. What should I expect?

rehab

My wife has been abusing alcohol for 6-8 years and has gone downhill rapidly in the past two years. She already got CPS involved when she arrived at the school to pick up our kids drunk. I have removed myself and the kids from our home until she checks in on Saturday. Assuming that she does not back out (which will lead to my attorney filing for emergency custody and a divorce from bed and board), what should I expect while she is in rehab? I understand that the first period will be medically watched detox.

Hello,
Above is another post regarding rehab with links to other related posts.
Hope it is helpful!
Jewelrydiva70

Be prepared for them to mzke you out to be thd problem not the help none of these rehabs seem to follow through on the whole family part they try ans get the pstient clean even at the expenses of the family so just be prepared for major changes in her outlook on her fsmily or staying together. My wife left our marriage was good she we t from telling me she loved and needed me to no communication whatso ever shes been gone gor 8 months not to return

An update: today is her 120th day sober. The facility did a good job of cleaning her up but not much else.
She’s still depressed and angry and attempts to isolate herself from the family. At least my kids got their mom back, if I don’t get my wife back.

@finloq - Congrats to your wife for 120 days sober! That’s amazing to hear. How are you doing today?

Early recovery is so hard, and unfortunately, going to rehab and being sober doesn’t always fix everything. It’s really good that she has the drug out of her system, but the brain takes time to heal. What has her aftercare plan looked like? Is she attending any support groups or therapy sessions?

We have a CRAFT topic that addresses how we can continue motivating positive change in our loved ones:

We also have a CRAFT support group available for you if you’re interested. The next group starts on November 4, and you can check it out here: courses.wethevillage.co.

Would love to know what you think about these resources!