Has anyone had a spouse or significant other here that has been addicted to Meth?

methamphetamine

@Seeking this is tough stuff. Sending you hugs and healing wishes!

@seeking- I have a lot of admiration for you- I know leaving someone you love is so hard. I am not in the same situation but my son is a meth addict and I believe it is the worst drug out there because it is an endless cycle and it seems to be the most addictive drug out there. My son is in horrible shape and yet he isn’t even close to wanting to quit. He makes no sense most of the time, paranoid, and mean. He is not violent with me but he can barely function. He goes days with out sleep and thinks people are watching and chasing him. He has been to rehab so many times and it’s always the same- he gets out and literally runs to the drug. He doesn’t even care to go anymore. He has been hospitalized dozens of times, baker acted, arrested, jailed, and now pretty much homeless. I try to help him but that just sucks me into this vicious cycle that never ends. He ends up making me crazy too bc I can’t sleep either and then can’t function. The anxiety is overwhelming. I have come a long way and keep my boundaries but it is so hard! I applaud you for taking care of yourself. :clap:

Sending you love and somber understanding @mccoolbusiness24. That’s heavy and you did the right thing for you and your son. How is he doing? Is he the dad to the grandson who’s living with you currently? That is very high stakes living. Tell them, “Mother Theresa has left the building,” and take care of yourself. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you everyone for your kind words
I feel so much better already mentally and physically not sick anymore I have high hopes for myself I know I can do better now it’s time to heal